Are you considering building a deck in your backyard? Perhaps you constructed one a few decades back, but you’re thinking about replacing it with something more modern and durable. This could be a smart home improvement project in more ways than one.
Consider these 10 reasons to build a deck this summer. Then, contact Towne Craft Builders at (301) 880-0103 when you’re ready to begin your project.
- Entertainment space: Do you love hosting parties? If it gets a bit cramped inside, open up your backyard with a spacious deck. It’s easier to mingle and chat while seated on comfortable patio furniture instead of lawn chairs strewn across the grass. Best of all, party cleanup is a breeze when you keep the mess outside.
- Outdoor cooking: Whether you plan to add an outdoor kitchen or simply hook up your propane grill, it’s practically essential to have a deck if you barbecue regularly. Plus, your friends and family will love dining al fresco on the comfortable, roomy deck.
- Relaxation: Need to escape after a hectic day? Your backyard makes the perfect retreat. After all, spending time outside is good for your mental health. A deck provides a place to kick back and relax. To allow for outdoor leisure even when the weather is bad, consider enclosing part of your deck as a screened-in porch.
- Resale value: When you improve your outdoor living space with a deck, expect your home resale value to increase. If you ever list your house on the market, you can raise the asking price because buyers are willing to pay more for a home with a beautiful, durable deck.
- Affordability: Sometimes, interior remodeling and home additions are the right choice, but these usually cost more than building a deck. Even at its affordable price, a deck offers years of enjoyment for your family and friends.
- Fast construction time: Major home renovations can take months to complete, but a deck builder can often finish the job in just one to three weeks, depending on the scope of the project. Even if it takes longer, the work is confined to the exterior, so the inconvenience is minimal.
- Curb appeal: The right deck can beautify your home’s exterior. With endless colors, finishes, and design options to choose from, you have a lot of say in your deck’s final appearance.
- Endless customizations: Build a deck to suit your lifestyle and interests. For example, a dual-level deck separates the seating and recreation areas. Built-in stairs or ramps make for easy access to the rest of the yard. And integrated fire features, planter boxes, benches, awnings, gazebos, and more can increase your enjoyment.
- Low maintenance: If you’re tired of sanding and staining your warped wood decking, look into installing a composite deck. This material looks like wood, but it lasts longer and requires none of the maintenance.
- Safety: A rickety, old deck can be a safety hazard. Wobbly handrails, loose floorboards, and unstable support beams are an accident waiting to happen. Get rid of this liability and replace it with a sturdy, reliable deck.
Once you decide to build a new deck or replace your existing one, the final question is whether you should tackle the job yourself or hire a professional. Save time and energy, enjoy peace of mind, and ensure a job well done by leaving deck installation to Towne Craft Builders. We are Maryland’s preferred deck builders, with years of experience and access to high-quality materials such as Trex composite, Ipe hardwood, and more.
Give us a call at (301) 880-0103 or contact us online to begin the deck-building process with Towne Craft Builders!