If you are considering remodeling your kitchen in 2016, you may be interested in some of the trends that are popping up this year. The good news is that one of these trends is customizing and personalizing a space, this means you can remodel your current kitchen, turning it into the perfect space for you and your family.
Kitchen Remodeling Trends in 2016
Here are just a few of the latest trends when it comes to remodeling your kitchen.
- Customizing Your Space - Bringing your own personality into your space will be a big trend in 2016. This can be done through unique color choices, customizing a layout that will work perfectly for your family or through adding original pieces like custom designed tiles for your kitchen backsplash.
- Colors - This is an interesting conversation in 2016 when it comes to kitchen trends. Whites and neutrals are once again playing a prominent role in kitchen design, however color has not disappeared altogether. Rather than bold backsplash choices or colored appliances, designers are adding splashes of colors in smaller ways including dishes, bakeware, small portable appliances and clip on colored handles for pots and pans.
- Open Functional Spaces - This has been a trend for a few years now, open floor plans are the way to go. This means that your kitchen is more than your kitchen, it is also a part of your integral living space, joining with a living or family room to make a space where the whole family can be together.
- Sleek yet State of the Art Appliances - Thanks to excellent design and manufacturing practices you can have state of the art appliances that are not bulky eyesores. Look for built-in appliances that offer sleek lines and a look that blends in easily with the rest of your kitchen.
- Innovative Fixtures - Fixtures aren’t just tools to get what you need any more. In fact, fixtures can turn an everyday necessity like water into a luxury. Look for fixtures such as taps that can transform tap water into sparkling water or even your favorite type of caffeinated drink.
- Storage - Manufacturers have been working hard to create new multi-tiered drawer systems that can almost double the usable storage in any kitchen space. Hydraulic folding doors are also being added to kitchen design making access to wall cabinets a lot more accessible.
If you are thinking about remodeling your kitchen in 2016, contact the team at Towne Craft. Our expert team of designers, builders and project managers can help you create the kitchen of your dreams.